About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic 3D designer to join our new Cardiff office. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in the exhibition and events industry.The main focus of this role will be to conceptualise and create 3D visuals for our wide range of clients, develop drawings, and prepare 2D graphic artwork. The chosen candidate will also be competent in hand sketching and have excellent communication skills.Due to the fast nature of the exhibition business, the ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects at the same time is essential.Whilst our team is small, we are an international organisation and the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to travel overseas and work with our teams and partners across the globe.
Location: Cardiff Office
Salary: £18,000 – £25,000 (dependant on experience)
- Receive briefs from clients and colleagues
- Conceptualise, create and develop designs within a given timeline and according to budgets.
- Attend meetings with clients and/or fabrication partners when required
- Supervise event/exhibition build ups when required
- Experience in an event or exhibition role is highly desirable, but not a necessity
- Proficient in 3D Max and/or Sketch Up software
- Ability to work to under pressure and multitask in a fast pace environment
- Self-motivated and ability to problem solve independently
- Confident and have the ability to approach and communicate with fabrication partners effectively
- An understanding of manufacturing techniques and exhibition building materials is desirable, but not a necessity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel abroad when required
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends if required
(Our usual office hours are 09:00 – 17:30. However, if working onsite working hours may vary)
- Bachelors Degree
How to apply?
If you meet all of the prerequisites, send us your CV, portfolio and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgIf we like your application, we’ll be in touch to invite you for an interview.
Our advice to you . . .
- Take some time to research what we do.
- Use your Cover Letter as an opportunity to sell yourself, explaining how you can use your specific skills and experience to benefit the company.
- Stand out!